Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm from

I am from a place where most people wants to escape.
Escape the misery, tribulation, and the poverty.
It’s not the richest place in the Western Hemisphere,
But it has helped me with cultivating so much.
So much that money cannot afford.
I do not have anything to complain about,
Because where I am from teaches me to be strong.
I am from a place where gratis is with a price.
A place where the government does not subsidize nor care about assisting its people.
I am from a place where do it myself and all by myself is obligated.
I am from a place where our wherewithal is our stoicism.
It cannot be taught, but somehow I learn to cultivate fortitude.
I am from a place where most people wants to escape;
And like everyone else I escape with my family multiple times,
Even though I am forced to live under the multicultural shade
Where I am from will always be coded in my DNA.
FYI, I am originally from Haiti.


No comments:

Post a Comment